Friday, April 17, 2009

2009 NBA Playoffs


The NBA playoffs are finally here. This is where legends are made and all of the frauds are sent home packing. I need the NBA playoffs in my life to balance out the MLB season taking over Sportscenter. This years playoffs should be a memorable one. It has great teams and even greater players. I am waiting to see Kobe, Lebron, DWade, Paul Pierce and many more try to take the game in their hands to help their teams win the NBA Championship.

Teams are getting better by the year. You have the young teams such as the Portland Trailblazers and the Atlanta Hawks who could very easily creep their way to the NBA Finals, but then you have the teams with the superstar talent and a phenomenial supporting cast such as the Lakers and the Cavaliers. Teams will battle it out for 40 days and 40 nights over a span of two months to capture their childhood dreams.

For all of the fans who say NBA players aren't as hungry as college players--yes, that may be true, but when it comes to the playoffs there is no other sport I would rather watch. The playoffs is where the players give it their all. They dive for loose balls, take charges and actually get down in a defense of stance to lockdown a defender. And that is "real basketball." Even though, I did enjoy the NCAA tournament; especially after watching the UNC Tarheels cut down the nets.

So tomorrow, wash your car, give your dog a haircut and get ready for the NBA playoffs. There should be enough intriguing matches and scenarios hyped by the media to keep your attention brewing for the next two months and every now and then you can turn to a Yankee game and watch them lose. But it's time for the NBA Playoffs and I love this game!


Finals Predictions: Kobe vs Lebron, I'm sorry Lakers vs. Cavs. I'm going to give the series to the Cavs in 7 games. Home court advantage is going to be the key to the series.

2 comments:

  1. Overall the 2009 season is expected to be the most exciting ever in recent years and I can't wait for it to began. For me personally as an Albiceleste supporter, things are not looking good but we'll just have to wait and see.

    Oh yes! I've also published my own version (not really mine but a friend name Dave from the NBA Round Table) and would like you to give us your view as well .

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree w/ you on the finals matchup (lakers vs the cavs) but i think the Lakers will take it in the end. Although the Cavs have home court advantage, the Lakers have finals experience (players and coach) that is tough to contend w/

    I also agree w/ you that the finals is the best part of the NBA season.

    ReplyDelete