Monday, February 16, 2009


Too much technology not enough power. As I sit in the Charlotte airport I look around and everyone is connected to some form of technology. Some more than others, some of the older crowd have a good old book or newspaper, when the majority of the people from my generation are texting (as my mom would say who you gotta talk to this early in the morning?) or on their laptops (hmm I wonder if they are blogging as well). Nonetheless, we are all slaves to that drug called technology.

How do you feel when your battery on your cell is about to die? Do you feel the walls closing in, shortage of breath, can you see the light? I mean really the thought of you without your phone is not one that most of the world likes to deal with. It connects us to work, friends, family, our accounts I mean the list is endless.
Now I ask you to take a walk with me; take away your computer, your cell and your ipod tell me what you day is like. Start at the am and take me to the pm what will you do? Do you know how to do basic math anymore? Prove it what is 4+23 x 10 / 3. Do yourself a favor and do not cheat really work it out on paper. How would you stay in touch with your best buds if you couldn’t text? Do you know how to check the spelling of a word without T9 or ABC√? Do not get me wrong I am a techno freak too, but we have to hold on to our basic skills because the day will come when your faithful and true piece of technology will fail you and you will be left high and dry waiting on geek squad or waiting on your battery to be shipped to you from the corporate headquarters.
Now back to the reason I began this blog. THERE ARE NOT ENOUGH power outlets in this darn airport. I walked up and down the area of 4 gates and saw one outlet, so that day that I spoke about just came crashing down on me. I sit here trying to rush my thoughts before my laptop starts to beep. My message to all public facilities is this: As we techno American freaks work on our addiction to technology you work on your power outlets to help up get things done. Yes we need to keep my basic skills together but when work needs to be it needs to be done and the worst feeling ever is your phone about to die.
NOTE: Circuit City’s (A sign on the times, LORD help us out of this recession) are closing nationwide so stop by and get you some more technology for the low low! Next time you have a free minute write (using paper and a pen) your buddy a letter and drop it in the mail, it will be a friendly surprise.

3 comments:

  1. yo what up t-balm? ur definitely right about the technology thing...we have come pretty dependent on it...but understandibly so b/c it plays a huge part in our lives...

    i went for 8 months w/out a (personal) tv...it was easy to manage b/c of my other technologies...

    i went 3 months w/out a (personal)...man it was tough, b/c my life was on the web (i.e. email, work, play, etc)...w/out my computer i was extremely bored!!!

    i went 3 days w/out my cell phone...i felt vulnerable! this is the one i couldn't do w/out for a very long time...mom-dukes would go crazy if she called me a few times/days and didn't get a response...and for that alone i can't go too long w/ out my phone. (that kinda rhymes...lol)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol...this is so truthful. Coming back from Vegas after New Years...I took me 30 minutes to find an outlet and even then I had to unplug Dante's Iphone to get juice to my phone...All airports get more outlets...Thanks for putting that out there Tiff..

    ReplyDelete
  3. no prob.. im all down for posting the truth... lol ad 3 days without a phone is like DEATH on earth...

    ReplyDelete